Re: latest xorg port compiles but does not run on sparc64

From: Jiawei Ye <leafy7382_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 17:45:26 +0800
On 2/8/07, Don Lewis <truckman_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> I also ran into this problem, except that the complaint was about a
> different symbol.
>
> I suspect that the problem is an include file change in either the base
> system or one of the xorg-server dependencies.  These are the steps that
> I went through to get my machine up and running:
>
>         Use "cvs update -D", "make", "make deinstall", and "make
>         reinstall" to revert xorg-server and xorg-libraries to versions
>         from two weeks ago.  Still broken.
>
>         Use "cvs update -D", "make buildworld", and "make buildkernel"
>         to revert the base system to a two week old version.  The
>         xorg-server failed to start after "make installworld" and also
>         after a subsequent "make installkernel" and a reboot.
>
>         Revert to two week old versions of these dependencies:
>                 textproc/expat2
>                 x11-fonts/fontconfig
>                 print/freetype
>                 print/freetype2
>                 graphics/libdrm
>                 devel/pkg-config
>         Still broken ...
>
>         "make clean && make && make deinstall && make reinstall" in
>         xorg-server.  Result -- SUCCESS!
>
>         Create a package for xorg-server and use this package to install
>         on another machine that broke with the latest update.  Result -
>         SUCCESS!
>
> I've got a plane to catch in a few hours, so I can't debug this further,
> but I hope this provides enough info for someone to track down the
> actual problem.
I ran into this problem too (please see mail in ports_at_ with title
"X.org, dlopen and -current". I saw this:

dlopen: /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/fonts/libbitmap.so: Undefined symbol
"FontFileBitmapSources"

This happened after the latest xorg-server security patches. I think
the maintainer is still trying to find out what is happening.

Jiawei Ye
--
"If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck,
then to the end user it's a duck, and end users have made it pretty