Re: Populating /usr/include for make buildworld?

From: M. Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 23:38:57 -0700 (MST)
In message: <20070210165904.GA58269_at_crodrigues.org>
            Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc_at_crodrigues.org> writes:
: Hi,
:
: I am trying to see if I have any outdated files in /usr/include by
: doing:
: cd /usr/obj ; rm -r *
: cd /usr/include ; rm -r *
: cd /usr/src; make buildworld
:
: buildworld is failing in a few places because
: the installincludes step is not populating
: /usr/include/zlib.h, /usr/include/zconf.h, or /usr/include/termcap.h
:
: What is the correct way to populate /usr/include
: before buildworld?

"make installworld" :-)

The proper way to get rid of outdated files is 'make delete-old-files'.

However, if you've borked this system, you may be able to get things
back with a 'make includes' but that can fail at times due to
dependencies on /usr/include that creep in.  You may have to define a
lot of WITHOUT_FOO variables.

You may be able to install the tarballs from a release that includes
the includes to recover...  You may need to say OSRELDATE=0 on the
command line to successfully build.

Warner