Re: [CFT] ncurses wide character support

From: Yuri Pankov <y.pankov_at_irbis.net.ru>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 07:09:27 +0300
On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 04:51:53PM +0800, Rong-en Fan wrote:
> On 1/31/07, Rong-en Fan <grafan_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> >Finally, I have ncurses wide character support. Patch is at
> >
> >http://people.freebsd.org/~rafan/ncurses/ncursesw-5.6-fbsd7-20070128.diff
> >
> >Before you can apply it, you need to
> >
> >mkdir -p \
> >        /usr/src/lib/ncurses/formw \
> >        /usr/src/lib/ncurses/menuw \
> >        /usr/src/lib/ncurses/ncursesw \
> >        /usr/src/lib/ncurses/panelw
> >
> >Please note this patch accidentally removes libmytinfo (it is going to be
> >removed soon). I have tested on my i386 current with mutt. It works just
> >fine.
>
> Now libmytinfo is removed, use the new patch instead:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~rafan//ncurses/ncursesw-5.6-fbsd7-20070201.diff
>
> Regards,
> Rong-En Fan
>
> >I use a hack in src/Makefile.inc1 to make amd64 world + lib32 work. Details
> >can be found in
> >
> >http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2007-January/019408.html
> >
> >Please test and feedbacks are welcome. :)

Compiled successfully on amd64. Everything seems to be working like a charm.

So far tested are audio/moc, irc/weechat, mail/mutt-devel, all of those had
problems when compiled with devel/ncurses port (moc would show some
characters incorrectly, weechat shows only garbage, mutt coredumps).

One thing worth mentioning - make -DNO_CLEAN buildworld fails, and removing
contents of /usr/obj and building world from scratch helped.

Thank you for working on this update!

Yuri