Re: nve related LOR triggered by lots of small packets, and a hard hang

From: Danny Braniss <danny_at_cs.huji.ac.il>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:17:52 +0200
> Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
> > Because your dmesg for nfe(4) shows 'obsoleted if_watchdog interface'
> > message I think you've used stock nfe(4) on CURRENT.
> > Try overhauld nfe(4) at the following URL.
> >
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/nfe/if_nfe.c
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/nfe/if_nfereg.h
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/nfe/if_nfevar.h
> >
> > The new nfe(4) has several protections for watchdog timeout errors
> > reported on the driver. One user repored TSO related issues for
> > the new driver so if you encounter strange errors in the new driver
> > please turn off TSO capability(e.g. #ifconfig nfe0 -tso)

hi,
I'm having 2 - probably related - problems:
1- on a diskless host, it boots via PXE, attaches the NIC
   but somehow the mount root nsf is bypassed.
2- booting of the disk, and with ifconfig_nfe0="DHCP", dhclient
   fails.

if I run:
	dhclient nfe0
all is fine.

adding 'net.inet.tcp.tso="0"' to sysctl.conf fixed 2, but
adding the same to loader.conf did not help with the PXE boot.

danny