Re: Zombie Jails - why don't they disappear?

From: Josef Karthauser <joe_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 18:30:34 +0000
On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 09:00:35PM +0300, Maxim Konovalov wrote:

> > Sockets (stuck in a state which can not be released immediately?) or
> > other resources?  I really think that this is a bug, though.
>
> It was discussed millon times already and there is at least one open
> PR:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/89528

Ah, thanks Maxim.

The poignant comment is:

    PR kern/89528:
    Ouch! I found a comment in tty_pty.c that it doesn't deallocate
    pty's anymore. Not a single destroy_dev() is called by tty_pty.c.
    This means the FreeBSD kernel leaks a lot of cdev's and thus
    ucred's and my patch is working around another bug.

Joe