Re: Unable to use network early in boot with recent -current

From: Scot Hetzel <swhetzel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 01:29:03 -0600
On 2/21/07, Skip Ford <skip.ford_at_verizon.net> wrote:
> Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > Any thought of making module loads default to the directory of the
> > booted kernel (e.g. /boot/kernel.old) instead of /boot/kernel?
>
> This should already happen if you "set kernel" to kernel.old and
> then "boot".

I set the kernel variable in loader.conf, so that I can have multiple
kernels installed and choose which kernel to boot the next time the
server is booted.

/boot/loader.conf
#kernel="kernel_p4_debug"
kernel="kernel_debug"

hp010# sysctl -a | grep kernel
kern.bootfile: /boot/kernel_debug/kernel
kern.module_path: /boot/kernel_debug;/boot/modules

Scot

--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.