Re: Xen Status?

From: Sean Bryant <sean_at_cyberwang.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 23:54:29 -0500
Vladimir Botka wrote:
> Christopher Arnold píše v út 20. 02. 2007 v 16:17 +0100:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> i have been trying to dig up the actual status of running Xen on FreeBSD.
>> But everything i find seems to either be related to 5.3 or from early
>> 2006. (Except yuanjue's page wich only confuses me on which version of
>> FreeBSD Xen can run on/under.)
>>
>> So could someone please help me with these questions:
>>
>> A) Which versions of FreeBSD can we run under DomU?
>>
>> B) Is there actually support in the sources or must we still use the
>> patches found here and there?
>>
>> C) Whats the status of Dom0 support? And on which versions will it run?
>>
>>  	/Chris
>>

> Hello, NetBSD supports Xen. Cheers, -vlado.

no offense but that is in no way an answer to the question.
FreeBSD 7.0 has Xen3 DomU support.
No Dom0 support. At least yet. Yuan, Jue has really been off the radar
since SoC2006. Maybe Soc2007 will provide Dom0 support.

Looking at the Developer's faq its no small task for Dom0 support, but
the payoff will be great.

NetBSD might be a great place to start as reports of said it supports Xen.