Re: buildworld with core2 duo fails with page fault while in kernel mode

From: Tyler Gee <geekout_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 11:22:08 -1000
On 2/25/07, Bruno Damour <freebsd_at_ruomad.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I upgraded yesterday my mobo from Asus mn2pv-vm + Sempron 2800+ to a brand new
>  asus P5W-DH Deluxe + Core Duo 6400.
>
> My freebsd system booted just allright (so it seemed) but when i try to make
> buildworld it fails (always, but after a random time) with (see below, not always with "rm", but similarly) :
> I only change my make conf settings to replace CPUTYPE from athlon64 to core2.
> Any ideas to help me ?

Just a guess, but when I was playing wit -CURRENT on my newer macbook
pro with the core duo I was getting a lot of fails in buildworld at
random times like you are seeing and it took me a while to figure out
my system time was way off.  make will give a lot of problems if your
time is off, especially if it is in the past.