Re: PATCH: new acpi embedded controller I/O model

From: Nate Lawson <nate_at_root.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 14:26:30 -0800
Joel Dahl wrote:
> Mån 2007-02-26 klockan 18:20 -0800 skrev Nate Lawson:
>> If you are having EC timeout problems as in the below PR, please try the
>> latest EC code.  I just committed it in rev 1.69 of acpi_ec.c to
>> -current.
>
> Thanks for working on this, but my laptop (HP nx7400) shuts down right
> after boot (or sometimes during boot) after this commit.  I see this on
> the console:
>
> acpi_tz3: WARNING - Current temperature (3416.3) exceeds safe limits
> WARNING: System temperature too high, shutting down soon!
>
> Everything works fine with an older kernel.

First, try booting with these changes.  You can set a tunable
(debug.acpi.disabled="thermal") to avoid the erroneous thermal shutdown.

1. set debug.acpi.ec.burst=0

2. set debug.acpi.ec.timeout=1000

3. uncomment the #if 0 code in acpi_ec.c and recompile

Then, collect the data with the method I provided:

--
Nate