latest upgrade seems to have broken vmware3

From: Scott Robbins <scottro_at_nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 17:05:50 -0500
I've only seen one or two mentions of this after a fair amount of
googling, so I don't know if it's just something on my system or more
general.

I've had vmware3 working without problems for quite awhile.  Today, I
upgraded to the latest CURRENT and when I started vmware I got an error
message that the vmmon module wasn't loaded.

I then tried to kldload it--the module is still showing in
/usr/X11R6/lib/vmware/modules/vmmon_up.ko

I got the message that there was no such file or directory.

One googled solution, although a bit old, suggested reinstalling rtc
then reinstalling vmware3.  I tried this solution however, the build
died in vmmon-only.  It shows an error at line 1344 of
work/vmware-distrib/vmmon-only/freebsd/driver.c

/usr/ports/emulators/vmware3/work/vmware-distrib/vmmon-only/freebsd/driver.c:1344:
error: `avail_end' undeclared (first use in this function)
/usr/ports/emulators/vmware3/work/vmware-distrib/vmmon-only/freebsd/driver.c:1344:
error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/usr/ports/emulators/vmware3/work/vmware-distrib/vmmon-only/freebsd/driver.c:1344:
error: for each function it appears in.)
*** Error code 1

(Then it gives the usual stop in /usr/ports/blah/blah).
Those are the only errors I see before the stop error.

So, I'm at a bit of a loss, I'm not sure what the next step would be to
troubleshoot the problem.

Thank you for any help.  I'm not sure what other information would be
useful, but can reproduce this consistantly.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Giles: Since Angel lost his soul, he's regained his sense of
whimsy.