Re: How to resolve problems in our software

From: Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin_at_savvis.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 15:45:31 -0800
John Baldwin wrote:
> [ moved to current_at_ ]
>
> On Wednesday 03 January 2007 17:36, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
>> So: we have a problem with kbdmux, which looks suspiciously like a
>> bug.  I don't know this code, but it seems to have been there for a
>> while.  How, in your opinion, do I go about fixing it?
>
> So it's not clear from your original message how you are using kbdcontrol and
> kbdmux.  It sounds like you want the USB keyboard (when present) to be the
> normal keyboard for syscons and atkbd0 to be left alone for use by a specific
> process, yes?  Can't you just do 'kbdcontrol -A atkbd0 < /dev/kbdmux0' once

not /dev/kbdmux0 - it is a keyboard device (just like /dev/ukb0 and
/dev/atkbd0) and it will be busy because syscons already got kbdmux as
its main keyboard. please use < /dev/console or < /dev/ttyv0.

> during boot and be done?  The default for the USB keyboard should be for it
> to be added to kbdmux0 and thus result in it being used for the regular
> console without any special magic needed.

other then above comment everything else is correct and i suggested the
same in private email.

thanks,
max