Re: "recursive lock for object" & "unlocking unheld lock" in smb

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 11:26:08 +0100
Quoting Sergey Zaharchenko <doublef-ctm_at_yandex.ru> (from Mon, 8 Jan
2007 12:04:14 +0300):

> Hello Alexander!
>
> Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 08:34:38PM +0200 you wrote:
>
>> Quoting John Baldwin <jhb_at_freebsd.org> (Wed, 27 Sep 2006 11:44:23 -0400):

>> > If you are willing to panic your box, can you try the patch below
>>  and get a
>>
>> Not this one. But I try to reproduce it with another one later this
>> week (not today and not tomorrow).
>>

> I'm just writing to note that I've observed the same:

[backtrace]

> with -CURRENT from Fri Dec  1 19:31:56 MSK 2006 and windows xp as the
> server when copying large files to/from the server. So it's still there
> and the server being FreeBSD is probably irrelevant. Has anything been
> done since or should I try the patch and send the backtrace?

I tried to reproduce it, but lacking the original content on the samba
server, I wasn't able to come up with a testcase. So if you are able
to reproduce this, please try the patch and report back.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
No house should ever be on any hill or on anything.
It should be of the hill, belonging to it.

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild _at_ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID = 72077137