Re: Page fault in ipfw?

From: Max Laier <max_at_love2party.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 17:04:24 +0100
On Tuesday 09 January 2007 16:29, Rong-en Fan wrote:
> On 1/9/07, Sergey Zaharchenko <doublef-ctm_at_yandex.ru> wrote:
> > Hello Rong-en!

> > > [...]
> > >
> > > Just curious, do you have any rule with 'log' keyword?
> >
> > Well yes I do, and the logging seems to be it. I'm having problems
> > with making a normal stack trace, but the fault itself occurs in
> > ipfw_log()
> >
> > at /usr/src/sys/netinet/ip_fw2.c:928:
> > :                {
> > :                        tcp = L3HDR(struct tcphdr, ip); <--- here
> > :                        udp = L3HDR(struct udphdr, ip);
> >
> > I've tried setting net.inet.ip.fw.verbose=0 and everything seems ok.
> > But I'd like to keep logging...
> >
> > Thank you,
>
> I also see this problem on my current. I will try to obtain a core dump
> this week.

Strange.  The initial dump looked like a call to a NULL function pointer,
but this looks differently.  There where two bigger changes in ip_fw2.c
that might be related: The cleanup of mtod() and LibAlias.  The latter is
now cleanly #ifdef'ed out (at least it seems that way to me).  I've CC'ed
the corresponding authors so if you could provide a better dump, maybe
something comes to mind.

--
/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier_at_freebsd.org
 X   http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/  | mlaier_at_EFnet