Re: broken linuxulator in -current as of Jan 8 17:51:45 CET

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 21:31:51 +0100
Quoting Boris Samorodov <bsam_at_ipt.ru> (Tue, 09 Jan 2007 23:05:36 +0300):

> On Tue, 9 Jan 2007 20:46:04 +0100 Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>
> > Anyone out there who is willing to play with the order
> > in /compat/linux/etc/ld.so.conf to see if it helps (don't forget to run
> > ldconfig in a chroot).
>
> Do you mean to find a warkaround for the particular case (running

Yes.

> linux ls)? It may work. But generally seems to me not a good idea,

I agree.

> 'cause libraries are searched from a newer version -> to old ones.
> The case is that the needed old obsoleted linux library has the same
> version as the FreeBSD new one.
>
> Though I don't have a better/another proposal. :-(

That's the problem... I don't think we can handle this in the kernel
(at least I don't have an idea how we could do this without preventing
to load FreeBSD libs at hardcoded places all), and the linux userland
is not within our control (except for the config files).

BTW: Roman is going back in time to find the date where this broke, but
I think he will not be happy with the result...

Bye,
Alexander.

--
It would seem that evil retreats when forcibly confronted
		-- Yarnek of Excalbia, "The Savage Curtain", stardate 5906.5