Re: broken linuxulator in -current as of Jan 8 17:51:45 CET

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 07:42:31 +0100
Quoting Divacky Roman <xdivac02_at_stud.fit.vutbr.cz> (from Tue, 9 Jan
2007 23:04:49 +0100):

>> > but as I see it the program opens the libraries in the right order.
>>
>> > but it "refuses" the correct library and keeps searching. I think
>> > the problem is in the "refusing".
>>
>> It refuses the library 'cause it's too new one (maybe that's why you
>> succeeded with 2.6.16 linux.osrelease -- linuxulator didn't throw this
>> lib away) and keeps searching for an old one but eats a new FreeBSD
>> one.
>
> what do you mean by "too new one" ? why it worked before with exactly
> the same library?

In the linux base (FC4) there are libs which are tailored to the 2.4
kernel, and there are libs which are tailored to the 2.6 kernel. The
2.6 one seems to be loaded first, and if it doesn't fit the currently
running kernel, it is rejected and the linker searches for a more
suitable one. The legacy libs seem to be searched after the location
where it finds the FreeBSD one.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
I love being married.  It's so great to find that one special
person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild _at_ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID = 72077137