Re: [kde-freebsd] Re: KDE 3.5.5 lock issue was (Xorg with lock session issue)

From: Sam Leffler <sam_at_errno.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 20:47:59 -0800
David Nugent wrote:

>>> Hm, works for me (on 5.5). Maybe something changed in -CURRENT?
> I guess that is the point of reporting it in the -current mailing list? ;-)
>

> GENERIC from FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #0: Tue Jan  9 11:44:44 EST 2007,
> csup'ed within 48 hours of build, using the  nvidia non-os driver with
> dri enabled. I'm suffering an apparent glitch in -current but not 6.2
> which causes a crash and instant reboot on exiting X which I'm guessing
> is related the nvidia kernel module. It happens with the Xorg nv driver
> too.

I found the latest nvidia port/driver too unstable to use; I backrev'd
to the previous driver which has resolved the crashes.  However I've
seen significant regressions in the nvidia driver in HEAD over the past
9 months or so; so much so that I'm considering replacing my card w/
something else (I've got an AGP Quadro NVS for my dual-head DVI displays
so require the binary driver).

	Sam