nvidia-driver on current with FX 5700LE

From: Andrew Pantyukhin <infofarmer_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 12:21:14 +0300
FWIW, somewhere along the way, probably between 8776
and 9631, subject stopped working. I didn't have a
chance to test on stable, but on current I tried
everything: basically almost every combination of
options switches (plus the corresponding tweaks to
xorg.conf).

The problems start when I (a) launch a complicated
OpenGL app, like a full-blown game, or (b) run and
exit a simple app, like glxgears, or (c) exit xorg.
My PC just reboots, sometimes after a few seconds
of timeout. At one occasion I caught a glimpse of
glxgears being in devdrn state just after I stopped
it and just before the reboot.

So I installed the "legacy gpu" version (7184) and
everything works with no problem at all. I wonder
if something like WITH_VER option would be helpful,
so that you can set it to whatever number there's a
driver for and get it installed. E.g. I'd rather
stay at 8776.

Thanks!