Re: SCHED_4BSD: More than 1 process running on UP machine?

From: Ivan Voras <ivoras_at_fer.hr>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 18:51:05 +0200
Jeff Roberson wrote:

> I suspect this is showing processes on the runqueue since top is the
> only thing that is running anyhow.

Shouldn't the number of processes in RUN state be synchronized with the
"processes running" message in top?

I've noticed that, when I disable display of idle processes in top ("i"
key), those that are left are in various state - such as accept, biord,
etc. in addition to "RUN". Is this just because of time fuzz wince top
is preempted by other processes?