Re: GEOM weirdness with SD flash reader?

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk_at_phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 04:21:26 +0000
In message <4688786F.5080408_at_root.org>, Nate Lawson writes:
>M. Warner Losh wrote:

>Nope, dmarck is right.  The reader was inserted "empty", then the media
>was added.  It took a write to the device (maybe via the mount attempt
>of /dev/da2) to trigger a re-taste.

Actually you only need to open it for write, I usually use:

	true > /dev/da2

The problem here is, quite simply, that nobody tells GEOM that a card
has been inserted.

opening for a write and then closing it forces a retaste because metadata
blocks could have been written.

The correct fix for this is to have scsi_da tell geom that the card
was inserted.