Re: New SCHED_SMP diff.

From: Thomas Sparrevohn <Thomas.Sparrevohn_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 20:31:32 +0100
On Monday 02 July 2007 20:02:41 Jeff Roberson wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Jul 2007, Thomas Sparrevohn wrote:
>

> Hi, can you try sysctl kern.sched.steal_busy=1?  Please tell me if that
> improves things.  This will resolve short-term load imbalances by stealing
> threads from other processors.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

If I enable "kern.sched.steal_busy" the system panics within a couple
of seconds with a "spin lock held to long".

Mind you that the kernels I have use has all debugging turned off e.g.
no WITHNESS etc. so it could be that - I quite a while if I am to rerun
all tests with WITHNESS etc enabled - Do you want me to or do you have
a suggestion as to why it panics?