Re: Promise SATA300 TX4 card issues

From: Barry Pederson <bp_at_barryp.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 13:41:06 -0500
Nathan Butcher wrote:
> Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
>> Nathan Butcher <n-butcher_at_fusiongol.com> writes:
>>> I've been having problems with my ZFS pool consisting of 4 drives hooked
>>> up to my Prmoise SATA 300TX4 controller. It had been working fine until
>>> to around the 19th of this month, and then I started seeing error
>>> messages whenever I tried to write lots of data to ZFS..... followed by
>>> a nasty lockup with no other debugging information of which to speak of.

I've noticed problems with this card too, running amd64 on a AthlonX2.

I've got a ZFS pool setup, and when scrubbing the pool it comes up with
erratic CKSUM errors (for example, scrub once and get 7 errors, scrub
again immediately and get 53 more).

Previously I had these drives (Seagate Barracuda ES ST3320620NS) plugged
into the motherboard SATA ports of the same machine, (nVidia nForce
MCP51 SATA300 controller) with no issues at all.

	Barry