Re: LiveCD trouble

From: Matteo Riondato <matteo_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 16:37:28 +0200
On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 11:36:53AM +0200, Matteo Riondato wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 03:55:00AM +0200, Ivan Voras wrote:
> > Dario Freni wrote:
> >
> > > Well basically FreeSBIE toolkit prepares a plain live system with some
> > > ports in it (if you choose to put them in). The FreeSBIE live cd is just
> > > an elaborated build, with some configurations added. The toolkit it self
> > > is very versatile and it is used by different projects (e.g.: pfSense)
> > > to do their customised builds. It might save some time to you then.
> >
> > Well, the FreeSBIE toolkit fails quit spectacularly - the booted image
> > doesn't even get to mount file systems, which causes it to not find the
> > getty executable, which leads to unusable console. I think the world
> > order has changed enough from 6.x to 7.x that it will need updating.
>
> Yes, maybe. Please remember that we try to support RELENG_6 as it is the
> STABLE branch ATM.
>
> Now that my exams ended, I will work on improving FreeSBIE support for
> 7.x (unionfs, tmpfs, etc..)

Replying to myself: I builded and tested a FreeSBIE based on HEAD as of
today and it worked without any issue.[1]

Did you check out the CVS version (http://www.freesbie.org/cvs.html) ?

Did you use the kernel configuration file included in FreeSBIE
(conf/i386/FREESBIE) ?

Best Regards

[1] Without unionfs enabled, which is the default for FreeSBIE. I'll
work on it.
--
Matteo Riondato
FreeBSD Committer (http://www.freebsd.org)