Re: ZFS vs Samba Debugging Results ... Need Help.

From: Brian Donnell <bdonnell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 01:19:55 -0400
I did read the comment, and I've been running tests with zfs, ntfs, and ufs
samba shares to see if anything bad is happening without those replacement
functions.  Dropping the connection between computers down to 10mbit I'm not
having any problems with directories containing a couple thousand files.  I
can't reliably test any slower of a connection.  Maybe it's the speed of the
computer or the speed of the connection, but I'm not seeing any issues.
With the replacement functions in ntfs can't be shared without core dumping
either.  Are these replacement functions perhaps not needed anymore?  Or am
I just missing something?  But ever since I removed those replacement
functions on a 100mbit network I've seen, literally, a 10 fold increase in
speeds writing to my FreeBSD samba shares from Windows XP.  Perhaps that's
just coincidence, but it seems like odd timing if it is.

-- Brian