Re: ZFS leaking vnodes (sort of)

From: Brian Donnell <bdonnell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 14:08:36 -0400
I put these patches in on my i386, took out the i386 recommended tunings and
increased the max vnodes as recommended for amd64.  Last time I did this I
was able to cause kmem_map errors very quickly.  With these changes,
however, I'm not seeing any problems yet.  I'm running through as many tests
as I can think of for file accesses and transfers between and out of zfs
pools.  So far so good.  Other than the memory usage I haven't really
noticed a change in performance.  Note this is a pretty high spec'd machine
I'm testing on, though.

-- Brian