geom_fox vs gmultipath

From: John Nielsen <lists_at_jnielsen.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 22:01:29 -0400
I was just reading the (pre-) release notes for 7.0 at
http://people.freebsd.org/~bmah/relnotes/CURRENT/relnotes.html and learned
about mjacob's gmultipath(8) implementation, which seems very similar to
phk's older geom_fox(4) but perhaps a bit more polished.

First off, is that a correct assessment? I haven't used either, but
externally gmultipath is distinguished by having its own control utility
(rather than relying on geom(8)), a manpage (and perhaps other features)
more consistent with other geom utilities, and support for predictable
volume names under /dev/multipath/.

Assuming I'm basically on target so far, does geom_fox have any features
that are not in gmultipath? If not, should it be considered deprecated? (or
should gmultipath be considered experimental since it's newer?)

I'm just curious, esp. since I may have a need for one of the two in the
near future.

Thanks,

JN