upgrade 6-STABLE to -CURRENT on sparc64 renders box unusable

From: Michiel Boland <michiel_at_boland.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:14:45 +0200 (MEST)
Hi. Yesterday I tried updating a pristine sparc64 box from 6.2-RELEASE via
6-STABLE to -CURRENT. Unfortunately /libexec/ld-elf.so.1 appears to have
been broken. I am now left with a box on which every program will dump
core. I guess I'll replace ld-elf.so.1 with the old version, but that
still does not solve the installworld problems (unless I hack out
the install in libexec/rtld-elf)

I'm rather surprised noone else is reporting this. I'm pretty sure I
followed all the recommended steps in /usr/src/UPDATING.

Cheers
Michiel