Re: tcsh backtick hang info

From: Doug White <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 11:48:14 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 12 Jul 2007, Christos Zoulas wrote:

> On Jul 11,  8:56pm, mp_at_FreeBSD.org (Mark Peek) wrote:
> -- Subject: Re: tcsh backtick hang info
>
> | There appears to be two different issues. One is with the builtin kill and the
> | other is the gdb issue. I sent off a tentative patch to the reporter of the
> | builtin kill issue and am awaiting onfirmation. The patch is here:
> |
> | http://people.freebsd.org/~mp/tcsh_kill.patch
> |
> | The gdb issue, much to my dismay, is still alluding my debugging skill given
> | the interaction with gdb and issues with actually debugging what is happening.
> |
> | Mark
>
> Thanks for all the work and time spent tracking this! The fix is
> definitely correct. You must be able to receive sigchld from the glob
> command otherwise the shell will not be able to reap the `` job. So
> blocking after globbing is the way to go. Good luck with gdb :-)

Thanks for the good words, Christos! If you can confirm this will be the
official patch then we can apply it to our vendor sources. If there are
any other fixes for nasty bugs in 6.15.00 that you're hanging on to it'd
be good to get those out and imported as well.

We'll keep banging on the gdb issue.