Re: 7.0/6.2, 4GB and AHC

From: Gelsema, P \(Patrick\) <"Gelsema,>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 16:08:25 +0200 (CEST)
On Wed, July 18, 2007 15:33, Tony Holmes wrote:
> I had a very interesting couple of days trying to figure out why
> 6.2-STABLE
> and 7.0-CURRENT, both amd64,  were giving me random hangs, panics etc.
>
> My system:
>
> Asus M2NPV-VM
> 4GB Ram
> 2 x Adaptec 19160 controllers
> 14 x 33GB Seagate 10k rpm scsi in a disk shelf (2 channel)
> 2 x 80GB Seagate SATA (geom mirror, system disks)

I've got an ASUS M2N (latest bios) with an Adaptec 39320D SCSI controller.
I get similair issues like mangled entries, unable to mount root after
reboot.

Currently I installed I386 version which solved all of my problems.

I haven't removed the 2x1GB module yet, so that's something to check.
On my emails (see
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2007-July/thread.html)
I havent had much response yet. If more information is required I am happy
to provide.

Patrick