Re: Reminder: NET_NEEDS_GIANT, debug.mpsafenet going away in 7.0

From: Björn König <bkoenig_at_alpha-tierchen.de>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 08:57:56 +0200 (CEST)
Robert Watson wrote:

> Dear all:
>
> This is a reminder e-mail that, in the very near future, Giant
> compatibility shims for network protocols will be removed. [...]

There was an pf-related issue that require to use mpsafenet=0. Is it
solved now?

>From pf.conf(5):
  Due to a lock order reversal (LOR) with the socket layer, the use of the
  group and user filter parameter in conjuction with a Giant-free netstack
  can result in a deadlock.  If you have to use group or user you must set
  debug.mpsafenet to ``0'' from the loader(8), for the moment.  This work-
  around will still produce the LOR, but Giant will protect from the dead-
  lock.

Unfortunately I have no machine available to test it.

Regards
Björn