Re: Cannot use iwi(4): "could not load firmware iwi_bss"

From: Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie_at_le-hen.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 11:57:21 +0200
Hi, John,

On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 08:49:06AM -0400, John Baldwin wrote:
> On Monday 18 June 2007 06:02:38 am Andrew Thompson wrote:
> > The driver will wait one second for the firmware to load, it is possible
> > that the interrupt storm is affecting this. You can always increase the
> > iwi timeout on line 2516 of if_iwi.c and see what happens. Change hz to
> > hz * 3 perhaps.
>
> Looks like iwi's IRQ is wrong (misrouted perhaps).  Fixing that will probably
> fix your issue.  Are you using ACPI?  (It appears you are not using apic.)

Thank you for replying :-).

I'm indeed not using APIC (ISTR it was designed for SMP, I don't know
what benefit I could get from it considering my laptop is UP).

I stopped using ACPI a few months ago as it prevented psm(4) from
working (albeit it ACPI+SMP doesn't exhibit the problem) (see [1]).

What do you advice me to do?  Do you need me to do some testing,
enabling ACPI or something like that?  I'm at work currently, I will
only be able to do this in a couple of hour.

Regards,

[1] http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2007-February/069360.html
--
Jeremie Le Hen