Re: uhidev(4) update - USB HID driver level for devices with multiple report ids

From: Vladimir Grebenschikov <vova_at_fbsd.ru>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 01:38:14 +0400
В вс, 22/07/2007 в 20:11 +0100, Mark Hobden пишет:

> Thanks for all the info.
>
> I am having trouble reproducing a panic like this here or finding out
> how it gets down a path like this. I am wondering if this only occurs
> on EHCI devices. Hopefully later in the week I will be able to borrow
> some equipment from work to test with here. But do you have  a
> different
> keyboard that you could try out booting on the UHCI controller? If
> that
> works OK it should show me where to look.

I can try to connect same keyboard through USB1 hub, it should be enough
to attach it to UHCI instead of EHCI ?

> I'm afraid I don't know about setting dump devices before booting as
> in the past I have always triggered them by attaching hardware after
> the system is booted. <:-|
>
> The other problem for you would be that because all the usb modules
> are loaded as modules you need to load them individually into kgdb
> with their start address as described in the link below:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug-kld.html
>
> Which wouldn't be  fun as each time you want to load kgdb you have
> to do this for usb, uhid and ukbd. I find it easier to just compile them
> into the kernel.

Ok, may compile them into kernel, but I still have little trouble with
creating kernel dump while boot - before execution of dumpdev.

Will try to find some comconsole cable or firewire cable.
to do kgdb from remote machine.

--
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov
vova_at_fbsd.ru