Re: gcc 4.2.1 status?

From: Xin LI <delphij_at_delphij.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 01:04:28 +0800
Robert Watson wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Jul 2007, Kevin Oberman wrote:
>
>> I'll admit that this is a bit quick (4 or 5 days since release) , but
>> does anyone (probably this means kan_at_ or re_at_) on when 4.2.1 might get
>> into current? Aside from fixing the known optimization problem in
>> 4.2.0, I hope it can get as much testing as possible before we get too
>> close to 7-beta.
>
> Ken has mentioned to me that he plans for 4.2.1 to be in the beta (at
> least, this is my interpretation of things).  I don't know of an ETA,
> and haven't seen a commit request or advance notice go across re_at_ as yet.

The 4.2.1 release was delayed for a short while but it's now out, tagged
as revision 126787, just FYI.  I think that we really want to import
this release because it contains a lot of important bugfixes.

If our gcc maintainers are all busy in the near future, I will be
volunteering to give it a shot.

Cheers,