Re: ULE status, invalid load, buildkernel times.

From: Thomas Hurst <tom_at_hur.st>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 00:26:11 +0100
* Chris Dionissopoulos (dionch_at_freemail.gr) wrote:

> Its an Intel c2d-6300 (see prev. messages) using cpufreq(4).
> Everything works fine (for 6 months or more) with 4BSD or
> ULE2/3(unpatched) scheduler.
>
> AFAIK, the problem Jeff trying to resolve is why a ULE3(+last patch)
> kernel, produces panics when a process touches cpufreq(4) context.

Yes, I don't mean to say the problem lies specifically in
acpi_throttle, just that I've seen "it used to work but doesn't any
more" as a result of it, and it may be worth trying.

The large number and range of frequencies suggests you have it loaded,
since as far as I know neither Cool'n'Quiet nor SpeedStep scale that low
on their own.

--
Thomas 'Freaky' Hurst
    http://hur.st/