Re: Perl Dependancies in 7-CURRENT

From: Tony Holmes <tony_at_crosswinds.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 08:54:49 -0400
A bit more background on my ports building adventure.

I have one system I am using as a master ports system. It exports
the ports tree via nfs. The system I am attempting to build on
has the ports tree rw nfs mounted, and rw null mounted into a jail
I am attempting to build up (using ezjail to create the jails and
the nullfs ports "trick" to mount the base system /usr/ports - an
nfs mount - into the jail).

The 0 length perl Makefiles affected both the base (nfs mounted)
and jailed (null mounted) systems.

I went back to the exporting exporting and did a portsnap to bring
the system ports tree up to date - still the issue persisted.

So I built perl on the ports exporting system and suddenly the nfs
mounting system could successfully build and installed. The jail
with the nullfs mounted /usr/ports still gets 0 length makefiles.

My temporary solution is to nfs mount the /usr/ports into the jail
from the base system as well.

I am cc'ing this to current for information and more eyes :)

--
Tony Holmes

Ph: (416) 993-1219

Founder and Senior Systems Architect