zsh oddities with recent -current

From: Daniel O'Connor <doconnor_at_gsoft.com.au>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 17:33:05 +0930
I updated my -current box (laptop) on the 18th and I have 2 strange
issues with zsh.

1) I can't unset environmental variables set before the shell started,
eg..
[inchoate 17:06] ~ >echo $FOO

[inchoate 17:06] ~ >export FOO=bar
[inchoate 17:06] ~ >env | grep FOO
FOO=bar
[inchoate 17:06] ~ >unset FOO
[inchoate 17:06] ~ >env | grep FOO
[inchoate 17:06] ~ >export FOO=bar
[inchoate 17:06] ~ >exec zsh
[inchoate 17:06] ~ >unset FOO
[inchoate 17:06] ~ >env | grep FOO
FOO=bar
[inchoate 17:06] ~ >echo $FOO

I've tried rebuilding zsh but that has had no effect.

2) Various signals (SIGSTATUS & SIGINTR at least) were being sent when I
press ctrl-t/c, stty showed they weren't set. Using stty I can set them
and it works but it's odd it's changed.. Also I can't seem to reproduce
it now that I put the stty commands in my .zshrc, even if I comment
them out and log into a different TTY - some global variable not inited
in the TTY code(??).

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum