Are SATA port multipliers supported in -CURRENT?

From: Steven Schlansker <stevenschlansker_at_berkeley.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 13:37:19 -0700
Hello everyone,
I am considering buying a SiI 3132 SATA card along with a 5-1 port
multiplier.  I'm trying to see if FreeBSD supports such a configuration,
but the only reference found to port multipliers and FreeBSD was some
poor, lonely man asking about a "porn multiplier" crashing his system on
startup. :-p
The thread trailed off quickly, without resolution.

So my question is:  Are port multipliers supported in CURRENT?  Are
there any caveats?  I don't see anything in UPDATING, the handbook, or
our friend Google.  I want to check that it is supported before I drop
$80 on it :)  Thanks a bunch!
Steven