Re: TERM={xterm-r5,xterm-r6} behaving badly with man(1)

From: Rong-en Fan <grafan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 00:44:40 +0800
On 7/29/07, Remko Lodder <remko_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> Thomas Dickey wrote:

> >> A bug report to what?  ncurses?  termcap?  I can certainly commit a
> >> fix to our /etc/termcap, but I've no idea where this should be
> >> properly done.
> >
> > The package maintainer should be able to see (start with ncurses)
> >

> I dont think the PR system is intended for jumping around, lets first
> see what the problem is and THEN file a PR. Currently we seem to be
> guessing around which is of no help for anyone.
>
> I included Rong-En in the mailing who is responsible for ncurses.

Thomas has explained me in details about what his has. Judge from
Daniel's original post, I would like to know which libncurses.so that
xterm is using, and is devel/ncurses or devel/ncurses-devel installed?

The ncurses update was in late Jan and enable widec support in Mar, IIRC.
Since then, only few non-functional Makefile changes to base's ncurses
part. BTW, base's less is updated in early Jun, not sure if it's related.

Regards,
Rong-En Fan