Re: Apple IR receiver daemon

From: Thomas Backman <serenity_at_exscape.org>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 23:18:28 +0200
On Jul 29, 2007, at 7:56 PM, Rui Paulo wrote:

> Hi,
> At the following location you can find a userland daemon to handle
> Apple IR receiver events:
>
> 	http://fnop.net/~rpaulo/priv/freebsd/aird.tgz
>
> If you have a MacBook, an iMac or a MacMini running FreeBSD, try
> compiling this little daemon and then try using it. Finally, report
> to me any success or failure :-)
Hi! Just a "works for me", at least partially. I have a Core 2 Duo
Macbook Pro (the one released Oct 2006). Worth noting is that I'm
running FreeBSD/amd64 through VMWare Fusion.
In any case, it seems to execute the commands multiple times unless
you press and release the buttons *really* fast. Is this a bug, or by
design? In any case, it means that you'll have to take care of that
yourself before it's actually usable.

Regards,
Thomas