Re: pf(4) status in 7.0-R

From: LI Xin <delphij_at_delphij.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 19:14:44 +0800
Stanislaw Halik wrote:
> Heya,
>
> Are there any plans to sync pf(4) before 7.0-R? OpenBSD has some neat
> stuff in it, including expiretable functionality, which would come in
> handy.

Last time I have talked with Max (Cc'ed) about the issue, we finally
figured out that porting the whole stuff would need some infrastructural
changes to our routing code, which could be risky so we wanted to avoid
it at this stage (about 15 days before RELENG_7 code freeze).  On the
other hand, some functionality (like the expiretable feature) does not
seem to touch a large part of kernel and might be appropriate
RELENG_7(_0) candidate.

Could you please enumerate some features that FreeBSD is currently lack
of and are considered "high priority" so we will be able to evaluate
whether to port?

BTW.  Patches are always welcome, as usual :-)  So don't hesitate to
submit if you already did some work.

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij_at_delphij.net>	http://www.delphij.net/