Re: NET_NEEDS_GIANT removal

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 12:42:44 +0100 (BST)
On Fri, 1 Jun 2007, Michael Reifenberger wrote:

>> i4b		- ISDN implementation
>
> Before deleting we should replace i4b with the one from hps.
> http://www.selasky.org/hans_petter/isdn4bsd/index.html It was said to be
> GIANT free last time I asked.

As I have neither access to ISDN hardware nor infrastructure, I have no
personal interest in the ISDN code.  However, as Bjoern has a work-in-progress
on i4b, I'll let him respond to any questions about approach.  I believe his
initial plan is to provide some basic subsystem code based on minimal changes
to the current implementation.  Per my e-mail, there are no immediate plans to
delete the current i4b code from the repository, which should make
distributing and testing patches against i4b easier.

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge