Re: Intel C2D COREs not used equally in FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT i386

From: Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri <almarrie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 13:48:08 +0300
On 6/5/07, Jeff Roberson <jroberson_at_chesapeake.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Jun 2007, Alexey Tarasov wrote:
>
> > Hi.
> >
> >> options         SCHED_4BSD              # 4BSD scheduler
> >
> > Try to use SCHED_ULE or SCHED_CORE.
>
> CORE is no longer supported and has been removed from the tree.  If you
> would like to try something new you can cvsup to sources from tonight and
> apply this patch:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~jeff/schedsmp.diff
>
> Then use options SCHED_SMP, which is a ULE variant.  Please report back
> your findings if you do try this.  However, it only works on amd64.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

I can't wait for it if it's for i386. ;)

Would you implement it for i386 in the future too, or it's exclusive
for AMD64? :)

I don't have 4 GB ram, and I don't see a strong reason to switch to
AMD64 with 2 GB of ram, beside 95% of the ports are 32bits even they
can run in AMD64.

--
Regards,

-Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri