Re: Intel C2D COREs not used equally in FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT i386

From: <eculp_at_encontacto.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 11:40:34 -0500
Quoting Garrett Cooper <youshi10_at_u.washington.edu>:

> Diego Depaoli wrote:
>>>
>>> I guess most of those are still waiting for a 64-bits nvidia.ko.
>> That's true.
>> Is there any news?
>>
>    Yeah, a lot of people are still waiting for that (including me..
> can't get nv to work under amd64 :(...).
>    We should band together and get nvidia to speed up amd64
> development a bit more *sigh*..

Boy am I glad that I am reading this thread.

As weird as it may sound, I was going to go buy a new laptop, amd64
with nvidia.  In fact the explanation given by Oliver helped push me
over to AMD in addition to past experience has always been good with
them.  I also had the idea that AMD had purchased a chunk of nvidia
which made the decision make even more sense to me.  Luckily  I saw
these, before rather that after the fact.

I understand from this that the nvidia will not run the new xorg-7.2
with AMD64?  Am I reading this right or am I just having a case of
PRE-buyers remorse?  ;)

Thanks,

ed