Re: panic when removing pccard

From: M. Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 12:11:48 -0600 (MDT)
In message: <200706081220.34991.hselasky_at_c2i.net>
            Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky_at_c2i.net> writes:
: On Friday 08 June 2007 10:31, Niki Denev wrote:
: >
: > I experience the following panic on a few days old -current :
: >
: > If i insert and then remove a pcmcia card using the ubsa module
: > (Vodafone Mobile Connect, which actually is Huawei E630 UMTS/HSDPA modem)
: > the machine panics, because i think the order of removal of the devices
: > by the kernel is not correct. I'm not sure because i don't have -STABLE
: > machine with pcmcia now, but i think this problem does not exist there.
: >
: > Here is what happens when card is inserted :
:
: Hi!
:
: If you want to be able to remove the card you need to install the new USB
: stack. The old USB stack is completely broken when it comes to this point!

My experiences with the old stack differ.  I've done this many times
without ill effect for my usb 2.0 cards and my combo usb 2.0/Firewire
cards.  What's the specific problem with the old stack?

Warner