Re: GPT - (last) call for action

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon_at_apollo.backplane.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 14:28:45 -0700 (PDT)
    I'm having to tackle this issue right now in DFly.  With GPT having to
    start at sector 1 (no choice there), the compatible MBR in sector 0
    presumably must have a slice (#1) which covers the entire disk.

    But do we have to make slice #1 bootable?  Could we also create a
    slice #2 in the MBR that points into the GPT's first partition, mark
    it bootable, and thus be able to put boot1 in the GPT's first partition?
    Or will the BIOS fart on the overlapping MBR slices?

						-Matt