RFC: diff(1) update

From: LI Xin <delphij_at_delphij.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 17:10:25 +0800
Hi,

I have done a first cut of bringing latest GNU diffutils (2.8.1) to the
FreeBSD base system.  This consists two parts of changes:

http://people.freebsd.org/~delphij/for_review/diff.shar

A shar(1) package.  Remove previous /usr/src/contrib/diff and run it
over /usr/src.

http://people.freebsd.org/~delphij/for_review/diff.diff

A patchset to build skeleton.  Use patch -p0 < diff.diff in /usr/src/.
Please be sure to remove 0-byte files afterward.

Some notes:
 - I have tried to keep as most our local features (DIFF_OPTIONS, etc),
but we still need to have some test cases to figure out whether there is
regression.
 - Local changes are now maintained as patchsets.
 - Still need to find a better way to handle local manpage changes...

Comments?

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij_at_delphij.net>	http://www.delphij.net/