Re: HEADS UP: IPX over IP support removed

From: Julian H. Stacey <jhs_at_berklix.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 16:52:07 +0200
"Bruce M. Simpson" wrote:
> Robert Watson wrote:
> >
> > The following subsystems remain with NET_NEEDS_GIANT dependence:
> >
> > i4b -    ISDN framework, for which there is on-going work
>
> I don't use ISDN. I suspect Deutsche Telekom's wider rollout of T-DSL
> has nibbled away at the incentive to use this. There are however still
> good reasons to use ISDN; its symmetric bandwidth in particular makes it
> a favorite for sound engineers doing outside broadcast.

i4b also supports answerphone (which I don't use).  Ive had DSL for years, But
i4b also supports reporting callers number, mapped to a real human name,
in an xterm in corner of screen.  Incredibly nice to know Who is ringing.

> I don't have figures, but in my experience the vast majority of
> commodity silicon out there for Bluetooth is USB based.

Toshiba laptop has it built in to laptop, not external, I've never
tried to get it working, so dont know if it routes over an internal
USB bus http://www.berklix.com/~jhs/hardware/toshiba/satellite.s5100-603/

--
Julian Stacey. Munich Computer Consultant, BSD Unix C Linux. http://berklix.com
 HTML mail unseen. Ihr Rauch=mein allergischer Kopfschmerz. Dump cigs 4 snuff.