Re: Sleeping and my T43

From: Randall Stewart <rrs_at_cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 19:44:34 -0400
Kevin Oberman wrote:
>>Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 17:45:30 -0400
>>From: Randall Stewart <rrs_at_cisco.com>
>>Sender: owner-freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org
>>
>>Hi all:
>>
>>I adopted the suggestion to add
>>hw.acpi.reset_video=1
>>
>>to my /etc/sysctl.conf to get my T43 to sleep and wake
>>nicely.. now it does :-D
>>
>>But I still see issues:
>>
>>a) When I wake back up, I have to kill the moused and then
>>    restart it to get X to have a working mouse.
>

> Check the man page for psm and specify HOOKRESUME. If that does not fix
> it, and it foes on my T43, use INITAFTERSUSPEND. I think you can specify
> the flags in /boot/device.hints as:
> hint.psm.0.flags="0x1000" or hint.psm.0.flags="0x2000"
>

>>b) Once I wake up.. I can't go back to sleep... its a one-shot
>>    (which is better than nothing.. but it would be nice to
>>     be able to put it back to sleep :-0)
>>
>>Any other magic cookies I may be missing?
>

> I'd love to hear a fix for this one!
The hints fixed my mouse..

The sleep issue.. (one-shot).. appears to be
something wrong with a driver somewhere not letting us

I can do a

apm -z

and it blanks the screen and starts to suspend... but it
wakes right back up again..

There must be a status somewhere thats not being cleared at
the first wakeup :-(

Randall Stewart
NSSTG - Cisco Systems Inc.
803-345-0369 <or> 803-317-4952 (cell)