Re: German keymap not working

From: Oliver Fromme <olli_at_lurza.secnetix.de>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 19:55:49 +0200 (CEST)
Tory <Tuscan_at_t-online.de> wrote:
 > This might be trivial, but I can't find out what's wrong.
 > I rebuild world / kernel daily, and since last week German Umlauts don't
 > work anymore.
 > Not on the console and not in X.
 > I tried different keymaps and manual edits.
 > The values are ok, but Instead of ä ü ö (pasted) I get ? ? ÷ - or
 > nothing at all.

What are your locale settings?  i.e. what's the output
from this shell command:  env | egrep 'LC_|LANG'

Best regards
   Oliver

"IRIX is about as stable as a one-legged drunk with hypothermia
in a four-hundred mile per hour wind, balancing on a banana
peel on a greased cookie sheet -- when someone throws him an
elephant with bad breath and a worse temper."
        -- Ralf Hildebrandt