HELP: EM bus_alloc_resource_any fails on Dell Dimension 9150

From: Jack Vogel <jfvogel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 14:43:31 -0700
I have a problem that I've never seen before, and although I've poked at
it a bit I'm kinda stuck. Anyone more knowledgable than I in the bus
code care to offer suggestions?

Here's the situation: Dell Dimension 9150, you put in a PCI-E 4 port
E1000 adapters... ya I know this makes it a configuration unlikely
to be used :)... and besides that works fine... The problem arises
when you ALSO stick in an 82541_GI, which is just PCI...

When you load the em driver it attaches the 4 ports just fine, but
then the lowly 541 fails bus_alloc_resource_any() of the IO PORT.

It isnt the code, if you remove the 4 port card the 541 will  attach
and work without a whimper.

So, there's something happening in PCI space and its resources
here that the current em driver is not equipped to handle, and I
would really like to understand what it is.

Suggestions to help me debug this?

Cheers,

Jack