zfs and backup

From: Claus Guttesen <kometen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 09:35:04 +0200
Hi.

If one was to deploy zfs on FreeBSD (after extensive testing) one
important issue - for me at least - would be backup to tape. There are
links at http://www.freebsd.org/commercial/software.html referring to
tape-software. www.ahsay.com and www.cactus.com are both
FreeBSD-compatible. Are these backup-solutions able to handle 50-100
GB a day? We have 4 TB partitions and our backup-strategy is only
meant to restore entire partitions, not individual files.

We are currently using legato on solaris 9 on sparc (very reliable).

--
regards
Claus

the gentlest gamester is the soonest winner.

Shakespeare